Wednesday 19 September 2012

I would like to thank my church family for all the support I have received over the past few weeks since I have been home from school.

Thank you for helping me through this process through your prayers and financial gifts. You are making Kenya possible for me.

I will be honest the whole trip is starting to weigh on my mind as summer closes. As August 20th gets closer and I become more nervous (as would be expected). It is unbelievable to me that this time next month I will have spent a week in Nairobi. I feel like I just turned 18 again and am about to head off to college. It feels almost like that adventure all over but a bit more extreme. I have so many questions as to what it will be like. Will I like my job there? Will I be good at it? I could go on but you don't wanna read all that...

Resurance comes from a random recent experience in Indianapolis, IN, I was visiting a friend from school and we took a taxi to their house one night and the taxi driver happened to be from Ghana. Granted that is not anywhere close to Kenya, but I told him about what I was doing and where I was going next year and he said that I would have a great time. Apparently African people like Southerners are quite hospitable so hopefully I find this to be true. We shall see and I will certainly let you know whatever I find out.

I also was talking to a friend who recently spent six weeks in Africa and knows the guy who was carrying the Olympic flag for Kenya (pretty cool right!) She said she would get me in touch with him and his family. So like typical Southerners do we get connections and I'm already preparing to take some of the south with me through connections to Kenya. :)

I just wanted to give you a little update since probably more of you from First Pres. have gotten my letter asking for help. Thanks so much to those who are responding in any way.

If you have any questions or would like to get further knowledge about me or my future travels feel free to contact me or just keep following this blog.

I hope you all have great weeks and I look forward to seeing you Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment