Sunday 9 December 2012

I have attached below a letter I tried to send via email to my supporters back home. I have pasted it here for those of you who did not provide an email. Thanks so much for your help!


Dear Family and Friends,

I wanted to take this time during the holidays to thank you so much for your continuous support these past few months. I could not be here without you and I am truly grateful.

For those of you who may not ‘blog’ I have spent the past few months working at the Organization of African Instituted Churches (OAIC). I am in the programming and communication department where we are currently in the process of planning for youth from Nairobi informal settlements to build a peace bench here at the OAIC. The purpose is to have a visual reminder of peace as we approach the 2013 election here in Kenya.

I have had the privilege of meeting and connecting with so many different people here who have opened countless doors and helped me get involved in the community. I am hoping to start swim coaching at Nairobi Primary School in January to further my involvement.
My Kiswahili is improving slowly through the help of my ‘Kenyan Mothers’ here at the office. People here have a way of opening up their hearts to you which helps me to feel at home.

I spent last Thursday morning on a panel for a Kenyan talk show discussing the meaning of Christmas which will air December 19th. I will be sure to pass it along to you. 

I would like to thank you once again for your support financially and through prayer. I would also like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Nairobi, Kenya.
Love,
Catherine Freeland

catherinefreeland.blogspot.com
oaic.org


No comments:

Post a Comment